So I did not have a chance to blog yesterday. However, I did work on my dress as I was planning to. Did hit a couple of snags along the way of course. To begin with it was kind of hard matching the seams on the bodice and skirt. The video lesson tells me not to worry too much of the length in both pieces is a little different and to just match the seams together and stitch away. The process is call easing and by the time you are finish stitching both parts together it should be fine. This was mostly true I gotta say.
Back tracking a little bit the main issue today was trying to adjust the stitch size. I pushed a wrong button somewhere and the needle ended in the wrong place. Long story short the needle broke on the first stitch. Oddly enough I did not get discouraged at that moment. I replaced the needle, which I had never done before, and that was that. I just kept on going.
So after the bodice and skirt where sewn together I had to iron the garment. The fabric chose is a mix of cotton and polyester which is really simple to iron. No need for damp cloth, or special temperature or anything like that. The fabric is cheap enough so I was not fussing. I have still a long way to go. I bought my mother's ticket to come visit tonight. I always do but this time I need her here to help me with my sewing skills. She has been sawing her own dresses (a lot of the anyway) ever since I was little so she is a well of knowledge I plan to take full advantage off. Last time she was here I asked her to construct one of my designs. The woman drew a paper pattern based on a size 10 just like that. This is the kind of thing I am really interested in learning how to do. P.S. the freaking ticket was not cheap.
I did not have a chance tonight to surf the net and submit any applications today. I was just too tired. After work I went out with my BF Micky Tom for ice cream which was a lot of fun. By the time I got home I was way to tired to do anything. I still felt I owe you all a posting today so here I am. Glued to my laptop and blogging away. This is it for tonight. The next step is to insert an invisible zip which, as I sure mentioned before, I absolutely dread. I'm off to bed now.
Sweet dreams!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment