Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zippers and Fabrics

So it's been a couple of days since my last blog. I have been kinda busy and a bit depressed over this crazy gas prices. Anyway, to get right to it, I went to the fabric store because I needed to buy another invisible zip for the dress I was working on.
As long as i was there I had an opportunity to check several beautiful fabrics with amazing prints. I'm talking Project Runway worthy prints here. I spend nearly an hour there checking things out. I was excited I got the zip I needed for the dress. To my surprise, when I got home I realized I bought the wrong size. I think I might have confused centimeters with inches and the zip was way to short for the dress.
Anyway, I guess I will eventually use this zip so it was not a total loss. It's just planing the trip back to the fabric store is so difficult is not even funny. I have also been working in my sketches and turned them in in hopes I can really profit from them one day. The only thing keeping me from trade marking my designs is my citizenship which is in the process but not quite finish yet. In simple terms you cannot trademark or copyright anything unless you are a citizen. Who knew huh??!!??!!
So I'm ready to start a new unit in my fashion design and dress making program called "Decorative features" or something to that effect anyway. So more reading and video watching for me for the next couple of weeks. Well it's late and I have an early start tomorrow. Will keep you posted whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment