Sunday, March 4, 2012

stitching darts

So today is Sunday and i was a bit lazy up until after lunch and a rather long nap. I was totally ready to goof off all afternoon when I found myself feeling guilty about wasting a whole day. So sometime after 3PM  I finished all darts in all four pieces of the dress. For those of you with experience with a sewing machine I have to say I admire the way you all can manager to sew a whole garment without the thread coming off the needle. This was my biggest setback today.
After about 45 minutes I was able to saw 8 darts all together. This is the accomplishment for today.  Next I have to iron all the pieces and sew all parts together, that is all parts in the bodice and all parts in the skirt. I really dread having to sew the bodice to the skirt. The last time I tried I forgot to match all top and bottom seams with each other. It was very noticeable and to top it all off I attached the invisible zip backwards. Who would have thought the teeth on an invisible zip go inside.
Plans for tonight. Watching the Fifth Element for the 20th time. This time however is a blu ray in my new blu ray player. Pretty sharp image I must say. On a different note, I spent sometime searching the web for interesting jobs. I have a profile in several websites including entertainment giants like NBCUniversal, Disney, and Warner Bros. I did manage to submit one application for a position in Universal City. I'm at a point now I have to hold on to any ray of hope as tiny as it might be. I really need to get out of my current job. It just does not pay enough. Plus I have been at this place for the past 5  1/2 years. Activia strawberry and cereal yogurt for dinner as I am not hungry and feel I'm getting fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment